If Dharamshala is on your minds- here is quick sneak peek into what can you expect while on a trip to Dharamshala. Guri Tempo Traveller Chandigarh will help you sail smooth through the many explored and unexplored places. Big groups, family, friends or corporate – tempo trabeller are the perfect and the most comfortable way to travel.
Dharamshala as many of you would know is the second winter capital of Himachal Pradesh. If you are looking for complete rejuvenation – there could be nothing better than visiting Dharamshala. Even a weekend tour from Chandigarh to Dharamshala would be fun if you are short of time.
Dharamshala an ideal weekend getaway –
- Loads and loads of greenery welcomes you irrespective of the time of the year you visit
- Getaway for all – nature lovers, adventure enthusiasts, spiritual gain, honeymooning, family or friends vacations.
- Close proximity to Chandigarh, Delhi, Amritsar etc.
What to explore on your weekend trip to Dharamshala?
Situate din the Kangra valley in Himachal Pradesh, Dharamshala is known as the land of Llamas. It is home to His Holiness The Dalai Lama. Get soaked in its beauty and treat your eyes and ears to the beautiful scenic beauty and sounds of gushing waterfalls and also absorb the serenity and calmness of the monasteries.
Bhagsunag Waterfall – sit beside this waterfall and just absorb the music of the water cascading to the temple. Lush green vegetation surrounds it and feel delighted and blessed.
Namgyal Monastery – If you want to see the monks, how they live and what do they do, come to Namgyal Monastery which is house to close to 200 monks. It is one of the top attractions in Dharamshala.
St. John in Wilderness – it was built way back in 1852 and has been attracting tourists from all over the world. It’s an archaeological neo- Gothic site set amidst
What all exciting and fun activities you can explore in Dharamshala?
Dharamshala is a go to weekend getaway for everyone be it child, adult or the elder ones. Here are few things you can do in Dharamshala:
- Camping and Trekking: Dharamshala is a popular hotspot for camping and trekking. You can take the Triund trek. You will start from McLeodGanj and go until Triund. You could choose from easy to moderate and difficult levels. Beginners and experienced both can take on the trek.
- Yoga: Yoga and meditation are the best to experience in Dharamshala. In the serene pristine beauty, you will experience divine spirituality and you would experience you to be in another world.
- Paragliding in Bir Billing – situated 65 km from Dharamshala, Bir billing is a paradise for the paragliding enthusiasts. There are many trainers available who can help you with your trip. Guri Tempo Traveller Chandigarh can arrange the same for you.
Hotels or Homestays – where to stay in Dharamshala?
Hotels, cottages, homestays are there in plenty in Dharamshala covering most of the basic amenities. They are fairly prices between Rs.1000 to Rs.3000 depending upon the location and the facilities offered. Guesthouse, cottages and homestays will offer you a homely environment and it is now slowly catching up among the travellers.
How to reach Dharamshala?
By road: You can reach Dharamshala by road – this is the best way. You can drive in yourself or to take a complete relaxation you can hire the best tempo traveller from Chandigarh.
By air: The nearest airport is Gaggal situated at a distance of 15kms from Dharamshala. You can hire a cab or take a bus to reach your hotel or homestay.
By train: the nearest railway station is Pathankot at a distance of 85 km from Dharamshala. You can take cabs or buses from outside the station to Dharamshala.
Best time to visit Dharamshala
Summer (Apr – mid July) – The temperature is around 20 to 35 degrees and so is a perfect summer getaway for people from Delhi NCR, Haryana etc.
Monsoon (July end – September) – Monsoon means a wet time but greenery is there all around. The valley looks splendid, however, you will need to carry woollens as the weather is little chilly.
Winter ( Oct – Mar) – The winters are quite chilly; the night temperatures can go to -1 degree Celsius. One can even experience snowfall in upper Dharamshala and Triund.
So now you should be all pepped up for your trip to Dharamshala. Plan it with Guri Tempo Traveller Chandigarh and create beautiful memories to be cherished forever.